Rockwood Discounted Canoe Outfitting Group Rates are for non-profit groups such as a church or school.
– 6 Person minimum, 9 Person maximum, 4 canoes maximum
– Larger groups may take separate trips into the BWCAW and cannot get back together when in the BWCAW, staying in groups of 9 or less, 4 canoes per group maximum. We recommend separate entry points to avoid possible fines.
– 3 day minimum
|3 Days||4 Days||5 Days||6 Days||7 Days|
Outfitting Deposit: A deposit of one-third the total is required within 7 days of making a reservation.
Rates based on calendar days. Does not include BWCA permit and camping fee.
Change in group size must reach us at least 14 days prior to arrival at Rockwood. We cannot adjust for any changes after that time and you will be charged for the number of people requested originally.
Rockwood Group Package is an excellent discounted group outfitting package, including:
- One night stay in bunkhouse
- Transportation to entry and exit point
- Personalized routing/orientation
- Food while out on the trail (from group menu)
- Aluminum Canoes
- Life vests
- Sleeping bags
- Duluth packs
- Cook kits
- Platypus Gravity Water Filter
- Stoves and fuel
- Folding saws
- Tarps, first aid kit, rope, and misc. items for your comfort and convenience
- Showers after trip
Bunkhouse: The bunkhouse has 4 separate rooms that open to a shared deck. This is a perfect place to start a trip into the boundary waters. Each room has a heater, 4 bunkbeds and a bathroom with a shower and towels. Outdoor carpeting in each room makes it a great place to pack and repack your gear. You can park directly behind the building. Bedding is available at an extra cost, these rooms are designed for you to use your sleeping bag on the bunks.
2 pairs of shoes (tennis and hiking boots for around camp, aqua socks, sport sandals, boots for canoeing and portaging) , 3 or more pairs of socks, clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate the changing weather (T-shirt, flannel shirt, sweatshirt), swimsuit, pocketknife, jacket or sweater, hat with brim, toilet articles, bath towel, sunglasses, flashlight, camera, first aid kits, fishing gear (if desired), sunscreen, bug repellent, good book
These items are important to the success of your trip. Remember to keep it light because you will have to carry it.